Human Resources Records Storage Saves Time, Money
Human resources departments handle sensitive information that’s subject to privacy laws and document retention regulations. Ensuring compliance with storage, retention, and destruction rules yet still being able access to important files can be a challenge for HR managers
Improving document management processes and procedures saves time and money, with less time wasted keeping track of and searching for files. Document management solutions have improved dramatically in recent years. As technology improves, new features further integrate centralized document management with the needs of the business.
When selecting a solution for document management, consider the following four best practices:
1. Handles Physical File Transition
Some companies require you to organize and box your files before they pick them up, but it’s much more cost effective to keep your staff focused on important business. Find a full-service company that handles this part of the process for a painless transition. Armstrong Archives will empty file cabinets, catalog, box, and bar code. They’ll even fill out the transmittal forms.
2. Provides Simple Data Extraction and Classification
Full-service data management includes extracting information from your files, so you can fully manage and analyze the inventory. Armstrong Archives bar codes each file in the box. One of our experienced data professionals enters important information from the file into the system along with the bar code identifier. Each time you need to access that file, you search for it through the online inventory management system. Once you locate the file in the system, you can order a scan, pick-up or delivery of the contents.
3. Offers Excellent Security
Be sure the company stores files in a fully secured archiving facility. Some companies also offer climate-controlled facilities to prevent document deterioration.
4. Provides Multiple File Access Options
Before executing the contract for services, find out what access options are available and how quickly you can retrieve files in an urgent situation. Armstrong Archives offers a variety of options to access your files:
- Need it fast? We can scan a file to PDF and email it to you.
- Online access means you can check out your inventory, perform queries, and run reports 24/7. The online interface also gives you the option to place orders for retrieval.
- Want it at your location quickly? Order before 2 p.m. and we can deliver it to you the same day.
- The onsite visiting room gives you plenty of space to view your files any time.
Armstrong Archives is committed to providing high-quality customer care to build lasting partnerships with our clients. Contact us today to find out how we can simply your document management process.